5G Automotive Association (5GAA), OmniAir and Car2Car Communications Consortium have developed a set of data syncronization use cases for Autonomous cars and Intelligent transportation system. We have a technology that provides a technical solution to that problem.
The technology is used for the new collaborative products in Yandex (YNDX) and JetBrains (IDE developer).
According to Statistics MRC, the Global Edge Computing Market is accounted for $7983.61 million in 2017 and is expected to reach $20,495.24 million by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 11.0% during the forecast period.
Problem or Opportunity
According to WHO, there were about 1.25 million road traffic fatalities worldwide in 2013, with another 20–50 million injured or disabled through traffic accidents. The overall economic impact of road crashes was estimated to be $518B globally and in some countries, this represents 1-5% of the GDP. Advanced sensing, communication, and computing technologies should be integrated into vehicles to improve these statistics and save lives. Beyond saving people’s lives, these technologies will also enable fully autonomous driving, which will profoundly transforming transportation.
1. We need high definition vehicles sensor sharing (Lidar, cameras, etc) to enable driving coordination for platooning and intersection management.
2. We need vulnerable road user discovery to identify potential safety conditions due to the presence of vulnerable road users such as pedestrians or cyclist.
Solution (product or service)
Our technology provides the mechanism for vehicles and local road infrastructure to share and synchronize high definition sensor data. SwarmAI is designed to sync the swarms of smart devices in real-world conditions with an unreliable wireless connection. It is like real-time git for your data: an unlimited number of independent replicas stay continuously in sync.
Cohda Wireless, Commsignia, Marben, Savari.
Advantages or differentiators
1. Full node autonomy - designed for unreliable, short range vehicle radio networks: DSRC and C-V2X.
2. Collision tolerant - the protocol is resistant to any types of errors.
3. Asynchronous incremental real-time sync - saving traffic 10-100 times.
4. Strong eventual consistency - data on local nodes is always available, does not require access to the Cloud.
5. Secure by design - reliability and integrity of data at the blockchain level but in real time.
R&D is finished, but no business yet.
Sales of SDK, contract production.
Money will be spent on
Patenting technology. Organization of pilot projects on Intelligent transportation system and Connected cars markets. The launch of commercial services based on our SDK. RFC and Standards Development. Pre-launch of contract manufacturing.